The warranty covered by this document is for the Solatherm control unit and directly related components specified below only. For warranty on other items that are part of the system, such as, installation components, storage water vessel and photovoltaic collectors, please see the relevant manufactures warranty booklet.
|Domestic (1)||Controller||5 Year Replacement from date of Installation|
|Commercial (2)||Controller||3 Year Replacement from date of Installation|
|Components (3)||1 Year|
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1) Domestic usage is defined as a single family domestic home with a setting of less than 750C. (2) Commercial encompasses all other applications. (3) Components include dedicated DC heating element, PV Over Temperature Cut Out & temperature sensor.
- Installation must be undertaken by licensed installers; photovoltaic accredited Electrician, licensed plumber and must be in conformance with all installation instructions supplied with the system and must conform with all regulatory and statutory requirements relevant to the state where the system is installed.
- Proof of Purchase must be retained by the owner as this will be required should any warranty work need to be carried out on your system.
- The option to replace or repair a failed component is at the sole discretion of Solatherm.
- Where any part is repaired or replaced the duration of the original warranty period is still applicable. The repaired or replacement component does not carry a new warranty.
- The warranty only applies directly to the Solatherm control unit and directly related parts as specified not to other general plumbing or electrical components used during installation or to meet regulatory requirements. The main photovoltaic array collectors and storage water vessel will have their own manufacturers warranties which are separate to this document.
- Systems installed outside of the metropolitan area may be subject to freight costs and additional labour costs.
- The system installed must be sized in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
The following exclusions may cause the Solatherm warranty period to become invalid and/or may incur a service charge and/or cost of parts used during repairs.
- Accidental damage to the Controller or any component including; Acts of God, failure due to misuse, incorrect installation, unauthorised attempts to repair the system.
- Where there is nothing wrong with the control unit and the problems relates to incorrect installation or abnormal conditions such as incorrect array configuration or reverse polarity and or faulty electrical connection.
- Where the unit is not installed according to Solatherm installation instructions.
- Where there are claims for damage to walls or any other installation damage directly or indirectly related to the installation of the system.
- If the enclosure has been opened all warranty is void.
- If the commissioning form is not completed or filled out incorrectly warranty is void.
- COC’s must be completed, signed and available for verification. Non compliant installations will void warranty.